This category is for pages that describe patterns for decision making. Klick on the header to find related pages if you cannot find the page you are looking for in the list below.
You might also be interested in CategoryConflict if you are looking into making difficult decisions. You may be interested in CategoryInformationManagement if you are looking into organizing information such that informed decisions are easier to make. If you are more into technical aspects, especially for online communities, you might want to look into CategoryRatingSystem and
A collection of “rules of thumb” to describe decision making processes.
- SimpleThingsFirst – Decide the things that are easy to decide first.
- OldProblems – avoid solutions that enable old problems to come back and haunt us.
- MicroContribution – hearing everybody out slows down decision-making processes; how to deal with that
- PowerOfSurprise – how hearing dissenting opinions broadens your horizon
Various ways to help groups make decisions.
- WikiBasedDecisionMaking – wikis can be useful to gather and organize information, but since they avoid conflict, decisions are hard to make.
- PropositionNet – a theoretical framework to organize arguments pro and contra various propositions, including proxies.
- AnewGo – a wiki with the goal of becoming a nation governed in wiki style.