Click on the name of the category to see a list of all pages in the category.
This category includes ideas about:
- group discussions
- talking person-to-person
- things that happen during group discussion
- advice for holding group discussion
- ‘’but not conflict:’’ → CategoryConflict
…excludes ideas about:
Effects of Discussion
- PolarizationProblem – studies of small groups have shown that deliberation tends to cause polarization
- DelphiMethod – working around problems in group discussions to extract knowledge from experts
Number of Participants
You might be interested in CategoryRatingSystem for more about large scale information problems.
- SpaceForMetaDiscussion – where to discuss issues concerning the discussion itself
- RobertsRules – a time-tested set of rules for running “deliberative bodies”
- OpenSpace – a pretty new set of rulles for running “crazy wild productive meetings”
- RightToSpeakObject – simple and usually semi-formal way of deciding who gets to speak next
- RuleOfOrder – general discussion of what kinds of order you might want to apply
- PlainTalk – the art of using well-known words, short sentences and simple grammar to reach as big an audience as you can
- PainfulTalk – the art of obfuscating your words such that only a very small target audience can understand
- ComplexPlainTalk – PlainTalk that covers complexity, including jargon
- ShopTalk – the art of using precise terms and jargon in order to reach a small target audience with as few words as possible
- ThePowerOfQuestions – no innocent questions
- ContentOverForm – the content itself, vs. the delivery of the content
- WordMagic – magical phrases and words that evoke more
- On-Line Discussion Technique → CategoryOnlineDiscussion
- PlainTalk stuff → CategoryPlainTalk?
- Modality → ‘’???’’ (OnlineDiscussion?, by the looks of it.)
- HeardItAllBefore → ‘’???’’ Perhaps a section on… I don’t know the name for this idea, but: There are short mini-arguments that have a standard form, and that WikiZens tend to build up LinkLanguage for. A collection of these pages would have a distinct category.
And what of PropositionNet and TypedThreadedDiscussion?