CwB is an wiki acronym for Community Wiki Business
080227 OddMuse Task (for a fee)
- Now that more of my associates are using the OddMuse wikis, I’m getting the first of what I expect will be a growing series of “requests”. Specifically…
- I’ve been asked if it would be possible to have the CamelCase words in the Summary rendered as hyperlinks.
- Given my current priorities, I can’t even frame this as an adequate technical StatementOfWork? that would allow my to either post a Bounty or issue a PurchaseOrder?. All I’ve been able to say is “I think it should be possible and I don’t think it would take a PERL programmer more than a couple of hours to create a module. that does this.”
- Can anyone tell me if I’m even in the right range and if so, can anyone “recommend” someone who might take this on for a fee of (say) $250?
Thanks, Alex. I had not found that page before.
It is not apparent to me what you are trying to do, Hans? What summary are we talking about, exactly?
Sorry if I was not sufficiently clear the first time.
The Summary block at the bottom of each page contains text that appears in the RecentChanges display. For example, this page current has an initial camelCase word “OddMuse”. I’ve been asked if this could be rendered to appear in the RecentChanges display as a hyperlink. If so, then this may be an effective way to extend linking since people could easily add a CamelCase ‘tag’ or WikiBadge simply as part of the Summary comment.
I was sufficiently intrigued by this that I thought I’d ask what it would cost, and offer to pay for it, If it turns out to be as effective as we expect, then I would also be pleased to “contribute” any resulting module back to the OddMuse community, consistent with their GPL (or whatever Open Source) license folks here suggest.
- Hopefully, this explains a bit about why I posted this request on this Co0mmunityWiki Business page. After all, if I’m going to get questions like this, all I can really contribute is a bit of funding that I am quite prepared to consider that an “investment” in OddMuse, and a bit of a reduction in my ‘karma’ burden for having benefited from the work of many others (especially Alex).
- There seems to be a more of a bounce up in the interest levels of various topics related to AlternateCurrencies? ; banking ; etc. Perhaps enough to justify the effort needed to formulate some Next steps?
"The business of banking has been transformed from ... 'Trusted Custody of cash' ... to ... 'Centralized Information (Servicing) of NetAssets'."
- 2008-01-24 excerpt from a commentary responding to some questions raised by the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.)‘s report on Identity Theft, by – HansWobbe.
- 2007-10 - A small group of “interested parties” is starting to focus on the very long-term potential Business opportunities that could arise out of PhotoSharing?.
- …details to be provided as “interest demands” and “time allows”.
- Initial “Observations”…
- The Flickr group for which I act as an Administrator is 300+ people as of the end of 2007-09.
- This is large enough that (development) “ideas” are being spawned which (so far) seem well within the effective and efficient scope of the OddMuse engine.
- … 2007-09 - One attractive Business application of the oddmuse wiki software seems to be PhotoSharing?. 2007-08 - This “entry point” into this set of pages is very unstructured since it is just starting to be re-organized to use some of the oddmse WikiHive capabilities. This is especially true since this is a very early experiment in this approach to creating content.
- This link Collect.Cwb‘s those pages that are sufficiently related to CwB that the use …Cwb… either as a prefix or a suffix in their page name. Note that many other pages that do not use this string in their pageName, that will not be collected by this. For example…
- CwB edited to remove “Ledger” material to CwbLedger.
- try integrating some of the current thoughts from CommuniityWikiBusinessDiscussions?.
- 2007-09 … undertake an evaluation of “ledger” now that some of our book-keeping resources have expressed an interest.
- the first steps will be installation tasks.
- given that our financial folks all use winTel platforms, we’ll need to see if ledger will run under CYGWIN.
- Comments appreciated, if anyone thinks this may be a bad idea.
- Add the Topic Calendar display for the Cwb pages to this page.
- CommunityWikiBank (which, like this page, is a workInProcess).
- Create a wrapper page that can be tagged “Cwb” so that it is included by the “action=collect”
- Current PageMaintainer = HansWobbe
break for …“referrers”.