> * Using an external ...action=edit... opens up the edit window quite efficiently.
> ** The subsequent Save and close is not onerous.
> *** Consider adding the Edit and Save links to the top of the page template.
> * Using an external ...action=edit... link actually seems efficient when it avoids the need to scroll to the bottom of the page or the need to add an explicit Edit link at the top of the page.
> * Consider how this concept should be developed.
> ** but not until after considering the relative merits of editing these pages "off-line"...
> *** via ...
|Caution… Do not edit this page segment since it may be automatically over-written from an external source.|
- This page is part of a refactoring experiment that is testing the effectiveness of using remote page “components” that are automatically copied into another site.
- Using an external …action=edit… opens up the edit window quite efficiently.
- The subsequent Save and close is not onerous.
- Consider adding the Edit and Save links to the top of the page template.
- This COPY… approach automatically creates (multiple) copies of a page whenever the ‘source’ page is saved.
- Adding a page name to the “source” COPY… creates an effective hyperlink (especially when multiple ‘destination’ sites are defined), in spite of not being strictly needed since the oddmuse script use the page name from the ‘source’ page.
- Page names with embedded blanks appear to be problematic in that the use of the “_” character does now work the way it does with InterMap references, nor does the use of the “%20” escape sequence.
- It should be possible to use the <aggregate function to strip the COPY… commands.
- Then, if an intermediate site (such as a bliki) is used, an <include… can be used to create the final page without the clutter of the COPY commands.
- A simple filter function would be more effective and should be developed.
- Interestingly, the oddmuse treatment of newLine(s) comes into play.
- Using an external …action=edit… link actually seems efficient when it avoids the need to scroll to the bottom of the page or the need to add an explicit Edit link at the top of the page.
- Try to assess if the problems of assembling a page from components are significant enough to make it preferable to link ti a remote page and back, as opposed to assembling a page from remote components.
- Delete the interim Hwo:CommunityWiki_Cw copy since it is not needed, given that direct writes to Cw are possible.
- Convert the ‘source’ InterMap references to pretty links since this markup is rendered correctly in both the ‘source’ and ‘destination’ sites.
- Consider how this concept should be developed.
- but not until after considering the relative merits of editing these pages “off-line”…
- Started by automatically populating this page from Hw:CorporateGoals_Cw.
- Confirmed that CommunityWiki can be updated automatically at this time.
- Added the “Caution…”
- Tested the impact of a Minor Changes save, to confirm that this appears as expected within the RecentChanges display.
- Confirmed that the Username is carried forward.
This section includes material of use in the ‘source’ location, such as these ‘destination’ declarations…
… and some hyperlinks that depend on the ‘source’ InterMap, such as…